Rex Mercury, Inc.
Panels Participated in
Matthew Utterback is a global entrepreneur and investor. He is the Co-Founder of Rex Mercury, Inc. Rex Mercury leverages the benefits of blockchain technology to drive digital payment adoption in developing markets. Rex won the MIT BitComp “Next Billion” prize in 2014.
From 2004 – 2011 he led sales and client services for Digital Divide Data, a pioneer in Impact Sourcing in Cambodia, Laos and Kenya. He began his career at the MIT Entrepreneurship Center, after which he joined Flagship Ventures in Cambridge, MA.
Matt’s other startups include eKitabu, LLC the leading ebook distributor in East Africa, of which he is co-founder and chairman; Affinnova, Inc., acquired in 2014 by Nielsen; and StatDNA, acquired in 2012 by Arsenal F.C.
Recent Press Coverage
- Experts wade through hype to shed light on blockchain security (2016-06-30)
- MIT Panelists Ponder Blockchain’s Tipping Point (2016-06-12)
- Blockchain use cases, private vs. public debate engross community (2016-06-08)
- Blockchain’s hype exceeds its grasp – for now (2016-06-07)
- Widespread Blockchain Adoption Will Take Time, Says MIT Panel (2016-05-18)