DHL Express Americas
CIO Award Finalist 2015
CIO Award Judge 2016
Pablo joined DHL in 2005 as Express US Director of Strategy, where he successfully implemented various optimization programs in the areas of Billing, Network Operations, Indirect Cost reduction, eCommerce and Customer Retention. Pablo served as Ken Allen’s (DHL Express CEO) Chief of Staff during the restructure of the USA operations and was instrumental in the planning and execution of the turnaround. During that period he also has led Customer Service and Telesales functions to record levels of performance and productivity.
In 2010 he was appointed CIO for the US where he executed a convergence program which led to decommissioning 300 applications and migrating to global standards. He also developed and implemented key new capabilities such as Paperless Trade, Advance Notification Services and Denied Party Screening workflow. During his tenure as US CIO his organization was selected as one of the top 100 IT places to work. In 2012 he was appointed CIO for the Americas and member of the DHL Global IT Executive Committed. Prior to joining DHL, Pablo was a Management Consultant focusing in supply chain optimization and turnaround programs throughout Europe, Latin America and the U.S. Pablo holds an MBA from the University of Virginia’s Darden Business School.
“It is truly an honor to be part of such a distinguished group of IT Leaders and be recognized by such a prestigious institution. It is also a recognition to the DHL IT team which supports the most international logistics network in the world, 24/7 in 220 countries; they are the ones delivering an Insanely Customer Centric experience to internal colleagues and customers.”
- CIO says community service builds team bonds (2016-01-07)
- Digital leaders at DHL, CVS defend against, exploit digital disruption (2015-08-10)
- Digital unleashes new competitive threats, forcing CIOs to take charge (2015-06-16)
- Digital disruption boosts board members’ acclaim for the CIO role (2015-06-16)
- Blurring the Lines Between IT and Business (2015-05-22)
- Digital disruption threatens to change IT to its core (2015-05-21)
- Boards Tap CIOs for New Role: ‘Field General’ (2015-05-20)