Senior EVP & CIO, Client Technology Solutions
CIO Award Finalist 2016
Suresh Kumar is Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer for BNY Mellon, where he is leading the Client Technology Solutions organization to become the industry leader in delivering innovative and exceptional technology solutions that enable our clients and employees to succeed.
Mr. Kumar serves on BNY Mellon’s Executive Committee, the organization’s most senior management body, as well as the company’s Operating Committee. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of iNautix Technologies, a BNY Mellon Company that provides offshore development services.
Before assuming his current role, Suresh was Chief Information Officer for BNY Mellon’s Financial Markets & Treasury Services (FM&TS) group and Pershing LLC. Prior to his appointment as CIO for Pershing, he served in that role with CSFBdirect and DLJdirect. As part of the team at DLJdirect, he was instrumental in that company’s success in establishing a global presence in Japan, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Dubai, and pioneering the delivery of online brokerage services via the Prodigy Network, America Online and ultimately the Worldwide Web.
Suresh earned a Bachelor of Technology degree from the Indian Institute of Technology at Madras, a Master of Business Administration degree from the Indian Institute of Management at Ahmedabad and a Master’s degree in Computer Science from the New York Institute of Technology.
“Year after year, MIT recognizes technology leaders that are transforming not just their business but their industry,” said Kumar. “For the past four years, I’ve had the honor of leading the digital transformation at BNY Mellon, a company that has been a leader in its industry for more than 230 years. To be named a Finalist and recognized for these efforts by MIT, a leader in technology education and innovation for more than 150 years is an incredible honor.”
- Startup company culture seeps into traditional financial services (2016-05-19)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Announces Winner of the 2016 CIO Leadership Award (2016-05-18)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Customer experience is critical in the digital economy (2016-05-18)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Names Leading Chief Information Officers as Finalists for the 2016 CIO Leadership Award (2016-04-26)
- Mobility is key part of future digital workplace, say panelists (2015-05-21)
- How CIOs Retool Their Workplaces for the Digital Age (2015-05-20)