EVP & CIO
State Street Corporation
CIO Award Winner 2012
Chris Perretta is an Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer of State Street Corporation. He has global responsibility for all of State Street’s information technology activities and leads a team of more than 5,000 employees and contractors supporting operations in 27 countries covering all major investment centers. In particular, he oversees the IT strategic planning process, application development and maintenance, system architecture, global technology infrastructure, and information security for the firm. In addition, Perretta co-leads the company’s Operations and Information Technology Transformation Program. He is also a member of State Street’s Management Committee, the company’s most senior strategy and policy-making team.
Prior to joining State Street, Perretta was the CIO for General Electric Commercial Finance. Previous to this he served as CIO for the North American Consumer Financial Services unit and chief technology officer for GE Capital. Prior to his tenure at General Electric, he was an associate partner at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) Perretta holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree in electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University and Syracuse University, respectively.
- Digital unleashes new competitive threats, forcing CIOs to take charge (2015-06-16)
- Digital disruption boosts board members’ acclaim for the CIO role (2015-06-16)
- IT transformation efforts driving new ‘start-up’ mentality (2015-05-26)
- Blurring the Lines Between IT and Business (2015-05-22)
- Digital disruption threatens to change IT to its core (2015-05-21)
- From Digitally Disrupted to Digital Master (2015-05-21)
- Boards Tap CIOs for New Role: ‘Field General’ (2015-05-20)