Co-Founder & CEO
Speaker/Panelist 2016, 2015
The Board, CEO and CIO Roles in Dealing with Digital Disruption (2015)
Derek Roos is a non-tech person running disruptive tech company Mendix, which provides a cloud platform that enables developers and business users to rapidly build and deploy business applications. As Mendix’s co-founder and CEO, Derek leads a pioneering team of software industry experts with the mission to bridge the gap between business and IT, making application development dramatically easier, faster and more collaborative. As a result, the company is achieving tremendous global growth and empowering many of the world’s leading companies to innovate and compete with apps.
Derek earned a Master of Science degree in Business Administration from Erasmus University, Rotterdam. He is a highly sought after speaker at IT conferences and is guest lecturer at several universities. Derek received the 2012 Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Bimodal IT strategy is a means to an end (2016-05-23)
- Digital innovation hinges on strong leadership, collaboration (2016-05-20)
- Firms Need Separate Incubators for Emerging Tech Projects (2016-05-18)
- Digital unleashes new competitive threats, forcing CIOs to take charge (2015-06-16)
- Blurring the Lines Between IT and Business (2015-05-22)
- Digital disruption threatens to change IT to its core (2015-05-21)
- From Digitally Disrupted to Digital Master (2015-05-21)